- Selected by the National Academy of Personal Injury Attorneys (NAOPIA) – 2017 Top 10 Under 40 – Massachusetts
- Super Lawyers Massachusetts Top 50 Rising Stars 2016
- Featured in Massachusetts Lawyers Weekly “2014 Top Verdicts an Settlements.”
- Elected as Gloucester City Councilor-at-Large – November 2015.
- Endicott College, B.A. Liberal Studies/Law & Government – Class of 2007
- Massachusetts School of Law, J.D. – Class of 2010
- Admitted to the bar of the Commonwealth of Massachusetts – June 2011
- Admitted to the bar of the State of Connecticut – November 2010
- Admitted to practice in front of the U.S. District Court for the District of Massachusetts – September 2011.
Joe was born and raised on Cape Ann and graduated from Gloucester High School in 2003. While at GHS, Joe earned the prestigious “Matheson Award” for leadership given by the GHS varsity athletic program. After his freshman year at Virginia Wesleyan College, where he earned the “Leadership Scholarship,” Joe transferred to Endicott College. At Endicott, Joe spent the remainder of his undergraduate career earning a “Presidential Scholarship” and a bachelor’s degree in Liberal Studies with a focus in Law & Government in 2007.
While Joe was at Endicott College he began clerking for Orlando & Associates. After college he went on to the Massachusetts School of Law and graduated with his Juris Doctorate degree in 2010. While in law school, Joe was appointed by the Student Bar Association to be the 3rd Year “3L” Class Representative. In addition, he was appointed by the Massachusetts School of Law Director of Academic Support, Ursula Furi-Perry, to be a “3L Mentor” for first-year law students. Joe has clerked at the Essex County District Court under the Honorable Judge Richard Mori and also interned with the Gloucester Police Department.
Joe began his legal practice when he passed the Connecticut Bar Exam in 2010 and the Massachusetts Bar Exam in 2011. He was later sworn into the Federal Bar through the United States District Court for the District of Massachusetts.
Joe joined the law firm of Orlando & Associates in 2011:
Since he began practicing, Joe has focused in the areas of maritime and land-based personal injury litigation, breach of contract, and social security disability claims, but also has experience with oil spills, house fires, and other insurance disputes.
Joe has used his law degree to actively give back to his community. He currently serves as City Councilor at Large for the City of Gloucester. He is also on the board of directors for a 501(c)(3) non-profit organization called Everyday Heroes, which provides emergency funding to the families of public safety officers who are injured or killed in the line of duty. In addition, Joe was previously elected to the Planning Board for the Town of Hamilton in April of 2013. Prior to his election to the planning board, the Board of Selectman for the town had appointed him as an alternate, and then appointed him as a full voting member of the board.
Joe can be reached at [email protected]