- Recipient of a 2012 “Distinguished Oral Advocate Award” and 2015 “Client Advocacy Award”
- Selected to, and contributed to, The Rappaport Center for Law and Public Policy
- Successfully represented claimants at Administrative Hearings throughout the United States in places such as Alaska, Oregon, Utah, Arizona, Texas, Oklahoma, Georgia, North Carolina, Maryland, Delaware, Connecticut, New Hampshire, Maine and Massachusetts
- University of Vermont, B.S., Human Development and Family Science – Class of 2007
- Suffolk University Law School, J.D. – Class of 2014
- Admitted to the bar of the Commonwealth of Massachusetts – November 2014
Katelyn was raised in the South Coast of Massachusetts. She graduated from Apponequet Regional High School in 2007 before attending the University of Vermont where she earned a Bachelor of Science. While attending the University of Vermont, Katelyn was a member of the 2014 Class Council and worked on the Restorative Justice Panel at the Community Justice Center where she developed Restorative Justice Agreements, trained volunteers and advised on, and implemented, improvements to strengthen the restorative justice program. During her free time, Katelyn enjoyed skiing at various mountains throughout The Green Mountain State, frequenting Burlington’s famous Church Street and swimming in Lake Champlain.
After graduating from the University of Vermont, Katelyn went on to Suffolk University Law School and graduated with her Juris Doctorate in 2014. While in law school, Katelyn was recognized on the Dean’s List for consecutive years and received a “Distinguished Oral Advocate Award,”. Following her first year of law school, Katelyn had the opportunity to work as an intern to the Honorable Robert A. Brennan at Salem District Court where she was able to put her research and writing skills to good use as she drafted legal memorandum binding on motions in both civil and criminal proceedings. Throughout the remainder of law school, Katelyn worked as a law clerk at a Boston based law firm where she was assigned to both the personal injury litigation and Social Security disability teams.
Katelyn began her legal career at a national Social Security disability advocacy group where she reached the position of Senior Associate. She was a proud recipient of the “2015 Client Advocacy Award.” Throughout her employment, Katelyn had the unique opportunity to represent disabled claimants throughout the United States from Massachusetts to Alaska. When not traveling, Katelyn participated as a Mentor in the company’s Mentorship Program, was a member of the Legal Partner Search Committee and played on the company’s basketball and softball teams.
Katelyn joined Orlando & Associates in June of 2016 where she continues to develop a specialty in Social Security disability claims. In addition, Katelyn represents victims in various personal injury and general negligence matters, such as motor vehicle collisions, slip-and-fall accidents and dog bites.
Katelyn can be reached at [email protected]